The Chandrashila trek, which can be done throughout the year, is considered one of the most beautiful and moderate treks in the Indian Himalayan region that is located in Uttarakhand. The total duration of the trial is approximately 3-6 days. The journey displays rare glimpses of the ancient and historical culture of the Garhwal Himalaya along with the natural hues.
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trip Highlights
- Famous Temples at Haridwar: Mansa Devi Temple, Chandi Devi Temple, Bilkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Maya Devi Temple, Bhimgoda Temple, Bharat Mata Temple
- Famous Temple at Rishikesh: Nilkanth Mahadev, Kunjapuri Temple, Bharat Mandir, Tera Manzil Temple, Parmarth Niketan Temple, Raghunath Temple, Tungnath Temple
- Confluences and the beauty at Devprayag and Rudraprayag
- Crystal Clear Lake: Deoriatal
- Snow-capped Himalayan Peaks: Trishul at 7,120 meters, Nanda Devi at 7,817 meters, Kedarnath at 6,831 meters, Bandarpunch at 6,316 meters, and Chaukhamba at 7,138 meters.
- Low altitude trek with beautiful cavernous gorges.
- Mesmerizing and Murmuring Waterfalls, lush green meadows & Mountain Goats.
- A glimpse of the historical and ancient culture of local people.
- Possible sightings of some thrilling wildlife.
- Wonderful Nights in Hotel, Guest House, and Tents.
Best Time to Visit Chopta Chandrashila Trek
The Best time to travel to Chopta is in the summer months of April – June and the winter months of Oct – Dec.
The weather of the Chopta trek remains salubrious during summers. The Himalayas are visible and the cool breeze can be felt early in the morning and in the late evening. Carrying light woolens is highly advised.
Chopta turns greener during the monsoon season. Although trekking becomes a lot more challenging and there are chances of getting roads blocked for a couple of hours due to the danger of landslides, the scenic and picturesque beauty and thrill of the Chopta trek during monsoons is worth watching and taking the risk. Carrying raincoats is highly advised.
The region gets blanketed in snow all around during the winter season and the accommodation options are also restricted to few only. But the Chopta trek looks the best during winters and indeed the trek becomes a little more difficult. Carrying heavy woolens is highly advised.
Chopta Chandrashila Trek (Detailed Itinerary)
Delhi to Haridwar to Ukhimath (225 kms/7 hrs)
You will receive Other Benefits On the Arrival
- Transport Facility
- Stay Included in a nice and safe hotel room or guest house
Ukhimath, which is 1370 mts or 4500 ft in height, is on the other side of the beautiful Mandakini River Valley from Guptkashi, a relatively short steep walk. Ukhimath is known as the winter seat of Kedarnath, as well as the winter home of the priest who is appointed for the worship. After the Kedarnath temple closes for the winter season, a movable and eye-catching image of Kedarnath is brought in procession to Ukhimath, where it resides until the Kedarnath temple reopens in the months of late April or early May.
Ukhimath to Deoria Tal (2438 mts / 7998 ft)
In the morning you can see some snow-capped Himalayan ranges. After breakfast, start your trek to Deoria Tal through the lush green dense forest of Rhododendron along with wildflowers and ferns. The trek will take around 3- 4 hrs. At the time of the arrival at Deoria Tal set out the tents for an overnight stay.
Deoria Tal to Chopta
In the morning, trek to the Chopta trek through lush green dense forest and meadows. It’s an approximately 12km trek. After arriving at Chopta, set out your tents for an overnight stay. In the evening explore the magnificent and eye-catching view of the Himalayas.
Chopta to Tungnath (3680 ft / 12070 ft), Chandrashila (4090 mts / 13415 ft and Chopta.
After a delicious early breakfast, we trek to Tungnath with a packed lunch. Tungnath is located at the height of 3,680 mts above sea level. The trek is up to approximately 3kms upward and the route you will witness will be covered with lush green meadows. You can witness a beautifully wide range of snow-capped Himalayas. Upon arriving, pay a visit to the spiritual Tungnath Temple. After resting for a while, you can head out for a wonderful Chandrashila peak, which is a kilometer away from Tungnath. Later on, trek back to Chopta for dinner and an overnight stay.
Chopta to Haridwar to Delhi
After getting up early in the morning, have breakfast, drive to Haridwar and from there move for Delhi at around 8:00 am.