India is the 3rd country with the largest number of family-run businesses after the US and China. Most of the family businesses in India are run by middle-class joint families. These businesses come under small scale businesses as well.
Also, Read- udyam registration
The government initiated the registration for all the small scale businesses, which also includes the Hindu family business, under Micro, Medium, and Small Enterprises to support them financially and promote sustainable growth among such businesses.
Read the article below to know more about Udyam registration for the Hindu Undivided Family business.
Documents required for Udyam Registration for Hindu Undivided Family Business
These are the documents needed to upload for Udyam registration-
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
How to apply for Udyam Registration for Hindu Undivided Family Business
Follow these steps to register your Hindu Undivided Family Business under Udyam Registration –
Step 1: Go to the official site for Udyam Registration.
Step 2: Give the following details:
- Applicant Name: The applicant is required to enter the name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
- Mobile Number: The applicant is required to enter the mobile number.
- Email ID: The applicant is required to enter the email ID.
- Office Address: The applicant is required to enter the office address along with Pin Code, State, & District
- Annual Turnover: The applicant is required to enter the annual turnover of the company.
- Social Category: Select the social category (ST/ SC/ OBC/ General).
- Aadhaar Number: The applicant is required to enter the Aadhar number as provided by the UIDAI.
- Previous UAM number: The applicant is required to enter the previous UAM (Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum number), if available.
- PAN Card number: The applicant is required to enter the PAN card number.
- Bank Account number: The applicant is required to give the Bank account number.
- IFSC Code: The applicant is required to enter the Bank’s IFSC Code.
- Business Name: The applicant is required to enter the Business name.
- Date of Commencement of Business: The applicant is required to enter the date on which the business was started.
- Type of Organisation: Select “Hindu Undivided Family Business” from the option.
- Main Business Activity of Enterprises: The applicant is required to select the main business activity of the business (Manufacturer/ Service Provider)
- Additional details about Business: The applicant can give additional details about the business such as food manufacturing, computer programming.
- Number of Employees: The applicant is required to give the number of employees in the firm (Male/ Female/ Other)
- Investment in Plant & Machinery: The applicant is required to give the total investment made in plant, machinery & equipment.
Step 3: Upload the copy of the Aadhar Card & PAN Card.
Step 4: Enter the Verification Code.
Step 5: Click on “Submit Application”.
The Udyam Registration number will be generated after the successful submission of the form and the Udyam certificate will be sent to the registered email address.
Benefits of Udyam Registration for Hindu Undivided Family
These are the benefits of Udyam Registration for Hindu Undivided Family-
- Easy credit at lower interest rates
- Collateral-free loans
- Financial support for Technology upgradation
- Rebates on Tax
- Subsidy on Trademark & Patent Fees
- Access to Government e-Marketplace
- Free participation for Government tenders
- Special consideration on international exhibitions and trade fairs
- Barcode Registration
- Reduction in ISO Certification fees
- Awareness in Intellectual Property Rights
- Credit Rating Facilities
- ZED scheme
The Udyam registration portal has been introduced to ease the process of registration for the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises. The Hindu Undivided Family Businesses can also apply for Udyam registration and get eligible for availing various schemes launched by the government especially for the MSMEs. Are you looking for Udyam registration for your Family business? Apply for Udyam registration soon and get support from the government for your business.